Office Hours and Procedures
Updated: August 1, 2023
COMMUNITY FUND WILL BE CLOSED FROM FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2023 THROUGH TUESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2024, AND OUR STAFF WILL NOT BE WORKING. In order to guarantee processing in 2023, Distribution Requests and Beneficiary Resource Records must be received by November 1, 2023, new Joinder applications must be received by December 15, 2023, and deposits must be received by December 19, 2023. Community Fund will continue to process paperwork after the deadlines until the end of business on December 21, 2023, but we cannot guarantee approval in 2023 if the paperwork is incomplete or not submitted by our deadlines. We will resume processing on January 3, 2024.
Community Fund’s office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday, 8:30am to 2:30pm, excluding holidays and other closures. Please see our office calendar for our schedule.
Please ring our doorbell upon your arrival. You can securely drop off items in our front door’s mail slot if our receptionist is unavailable during the above-listed office hours.
Unless our office is closed, our deadlines are as follows:
- New Joinder Applications and any deposits must be received by Community Fund by 3:00 pm at least five (5) business days prior to the last business day of the month to be accepted for that month (e.g., New Joinder Applications and any deposits to be processed for April 2023 should be received by April 21 to ensure processing for April).
- Community Fund will accept a new Joinder Application and deposit at any time, but Community Fund cannot guarantee it will be reviewed for that month if not received according to the above deadline.
- Questions about setting up a new trust or making a deposit to a new or existing trust can be emailed to [email protected] (please don’t email completed Joinder Agreements or anything with confidential data like SSNs) or you can call 216.736.4540 and leave a voicemail.
- If a time-sensitive item must be sent, please communicate with one of our Trust Development Coordinators via telephone or email before sending or dropping it off.
- Questions about distributions, beneficiary resource records, or the status of a distribution must be submitted via telephone (you can call 216.736.4540 and leave a voicemail in the general mailbox or dial extensions 105, 106, or 107), mail, or fax (216.867.9783).
- Community Fund is not able to accept distribution requests or distribution-related questions via email due to confidentiality, privacy, and HIPAA concerns.
We care about the security of your personal information. Please don’t email private data like Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers, or medical information to us.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Masks are not currently required for staff or guests. We ask that you follow CDC guidelines if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and that you do not enter our office if you have or suspect you have COVID-19 or any other contagious illness.
Please be patient while we encourage our dedicated staff to stay home or take time off if they feel ill or if they need to care for parents, children, or other loved ones.
We appreciate your patience during this unusual time and encourage you to visit reputable sources of information, such as the CDC or the Ohio Department of Health if you have any questions about COVID-19 or other illnesses. Please take care of yourself, your loved ones, and your neighbors.
Molly Murphy, Esq.